Alis massage story workshop
Massage, story massage and positive touch therapy can be adapted to accommodate all types of abilities/disabilities, both mental/emotional and physical, and can all be carried out on clients in a sitting position (including wheelchair), lying or standing; whatever is most accommodating for them.
There is substantial research to show that touch therapy works on both a physical and psychological level to aid the emotional, physical and social health and development of children (and young adults). It offers them a chance to relax and let go in a safe environment, enabling them to recharge and refresh both mind and body.
For specific paediatric diagnoses/condition:
- Asthma – Reduced hospitalisation, after massage therapy; immediate decrease in anxiety & stress hormone levels. Peak airflow and pulmonary functions improved reducing need for inhalers
- ADHD – Improved class room behaviour in the area of the Conners Teacher Rating Scales on anxiety, daydreaming and hyperactivity
- Atopic dermatitis – Reduced levels of anxiety, reduced redness and scaling of skin
- Autism ‘Kanner’s Syndrome’ – Less stereotypic behaviour and more on-task and social relatedness behaviour during play observations, fewer problems with sleep
- Cerebral Palsy – Reduced spasticity, gained more muscle flexibility and motor function and had more positive social interaction
- Cystic Fibrosis – Reduced cortisol and norepinephrine levels, improved peak air flow readings
- Downs Syndrome – Improved muscle tone and performance on motor tasks
- Fibromyalgia – Reduced pain, depression & anxiety
- PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) – Decreased anxiety
$80 per month